[News] Operating Systems on Portable Devices

Is Your PC on Your iPod?

,----[ Quote ]
| That's preposterous - is MojoPac suggesting that we run a version of
| our operating system on a hard drive? Of course, I'm being a little
| sarcastic about this because the idea of running an operating system
| from a hard drive is nothing new, but when it comes to certain portable
| hard drives (such as the iPod), this type of thing isn't seen
| very often.
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2354&Itemid=449

IBM booted Linux (on the desktop) from an iPod last year. The iPod has good
capacity compared to a USB-based Linux and data is easily accessible even
without a desktop (it has other functions as a mobile, portable device).
It's like a dual-mode O/S.