Re: [News] Apple Faces Linux as Barrier to Entry into Enterprise

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> OS X in the Corporate World: Will it Ever Happen?
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | As crazy as it may seem, depending on how you look at it, Linux is
> | even represented in a better way than Apple is in the enterprise
> | market.
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | Recent builds of Linux are looking very attractive, and certain
> | distributions are being aimed towards beginners, so when you add those
> | two components together, you begin to see the appeal. Plus, since
> | Windows users can install Linux on their computers for free, it's
> | obvious why some people would initially hesitate to spend money on
> | giving OS X a try.
> `----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2352&Itemid=468

Mac have had a very long time to try to win back the market. They haven't
managed it so it is very likly they never would have done. I don't know why
they haven't, it's certainly a pretty machine, and you would have thought
that at the height of the virus/hacking wars the Mac would have been very
attractive. But for some reason it wasn't.

So Linux isn't stealing from Mac, Mac couldn't get in anyway.

I still fancy the Big Mac server, I have no idea if it is any good, but it's
in a huge heavy box and has a massive fan on the front that could dice your
arm off no trouble, and the real magic, it sounds like a jet plane when
it's just idling before take off. That sound can't be an accident, they
must have designed it in.