Re: Where's the "one click exploit" for Linux?

__/ [ ed ] on Sunday 01 October 2006 22:05 \__

> On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 19:10:51 +0100
>
>> The effect Microsoft had on the Web will never be forgotten. I will
>> never forgive Microsoft for those attacks on my Web site, as well as
>> my E-mail accounts. Imagine what nerve they must have as they refuse
>> to patch critical bugs for which exploits already exist 'in the wild'.
>> Imagine the cowardly Gates who now retires, having promised in the
>> beginning of 2004 that SPAM would vanish within 48 months. Its scale
>> of attacks only grows by the day and new ailments crop up by the day,
>> which make everything more malignant and more severe. The crackers get
>> smarter; Microsoft only gets more stupid. As I said before, the
>> Internet gradually enters its dark ages. And it repels many users,
>> kills the use of common comminication methods, and makes businesses
>> reconsider e-commerce.
>
> This is all true. I think MS made money through Outlook getting a spam
> filter. Ironic how the spam is caused by their own system!

Look no further, buddy. Microsoft sells annual subscriptions for software
(Live OneCare) that covers up critical bugs for another. It arguably keeps
some systems hanging. It's worse than cartridge ripoffs. Imagine the
reaction of the customer if the printers would explode without fresh ink...

>> PS - that thing that replies to you -- just killfile it. It's not
>> worth your time.
>
> It's not worth my time, that is correct. But for someone out there who
> might stumble upon the item in google groups could be getting the wrong
> impression, so I feel compelled to correct it.

I know, but it's a double-edged sword.