Re: [News] Microsoft Prepares to be 'Enronned'?

__/ [ 7 ] on Sunday 01 October 2006 12:42 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Niall Sez Microsoft is Too Big and Paralyzed
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | If I understand the law correctly, as it has worked in the courtroom, if
>> | you have a bunch of incriminating e-mails, and you destroy them because
>> | they're incriminating, the court and/or jury is entitled to assume the
>> | worst about the e-mails - that they incriminate you. I mean, why else
>> | did you destroy them?
>> |
>> | But if you have a company policy that "we destroy all emails after 3
>> | months",
>

> This sounds like a criminal organisation run by criminals
> hiding their tracks to avoid prosecution.
>
> I would urge all micoshaft employees, asstroturfers,
> and those who do business with micoshaft to keep hard copies of all emails.
> Avoid being mounted from behind when the brown stuff hits the fan.
> Or becoming the scapegoatse, and then get mounted from behind.

A 6 month span it is for rention, IIRC. But what you propose won't cover
internal E-mail that is trashed, e.g. a VP requests that a project manager
penalises OpenGL as a strategic move. There have been leaks that go along
these lines which reveal the truth about IE incompatibilities with
standards. MBR (elminatiom of rivals) is another issue that doesn't win the
attention it deserves. I wonder what correspondence in-house says about it.
Same question arise with regards to back doors, server interoperability and
the EU fines (for evading disclosure of protocols). The boxes of MS
employees must be a pleasure and delight to an antitrust solicitor.