[News] India's Impact on Worldwide Technology

(a little less focused)

How This Tiger Got Its Roar

,----[ Quote ]
| For Premji, openness is more than a personal style. It's a
| strategy. "I find that people excel when they're provided a
| fair, free, and apolitical environment," he says. "At Wipro
| we strive to provide an open culture that encourages diversity
| of opinions. An organizational ability to encourage and harness
| diversity of thought is a significant competitive advantage."
`----

http://yahoo.businessweek.com/globalbiz/content/oct2006/gb20061019_222233_page_4.htm

This also dicusses IBM role and the impact of globalisation. The
rise of FOSS in India is alluded to only indirectly.