Re: [News] Tiny Single-Board Computer Gets Linux Preinstalled

  • Subject: Re: [News] Tiny Single-Board Computer Gets Linux Preinstalled
  • From: 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 19:51:07 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Tiny Monahans SBC runs Linux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Strategic Test is prepping a tiny processor module
> | based on an 806MHz "Monahans P" processor. The
> | 200-pin SODIMM-sized Triton-290 is expected to
> | ship in November with a Linux 2.6-based development kit.
> `----

I have seen this kit and spoken to its reps,
this kit is a marvel to wonder at, but in my opinion,
the developer kit is over priced and so are the CPU modules
and that holds back its wide adoption and deployment.
Their strategy should be to aim to dump this into the
market and get money from support and expanding the
Linux support packages instead of focusing on trying to extract money
from hardware units which we all know is made in far east
and at cost of pennies.