Re: [News] Windows Servers Bloodbath?

  • Subject: Re: [News] Windows Servers Bloodbath?
  • From: The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 11:01:02 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on 18 Oct 2006 08:05:25 -0700
<1161183925.265681.222390@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Windows servers at risk at Linux-friendly Bartter
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Local poultry producer Bartter Enterprises is evaluating
> | the future of around 70 Microsoft Windows servers, in the
> | context of a recent migration of other systems to Red Hat Linux.
> |
> | Bartter claims to be the nation's second-largest
> | producer of poultry products such as chicken and turkey,
> | with around 4,500 employees nationally.
> `----
>
> http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Windows_servers_at_risk_at_Linux_friendly_Bartter/0,130061733,339271734,00.htm
> http://tinyurl.com/yfv7nj

Hmm...the humor possibilities are endless.

    Will Microsoft chicken out?

    Microsoft Servers -- are they the bad eggs now?

    Will Microsoft cry Fowl?

    Will Microsoft win these servers back and thereby further
    feather their nest, or just put a feather in their caps?

    Microsoft Servers -- the turkeys in all this?

    Is Microsoft now feeling henpecked?

    Does Microsoft need Foghorn Leghorn to show them the way?

Dare I egg every other potential humorist on here? :-)

In any event, good luck to Bartter, and may the best server win.

Legitimately.  (Without any foul/fowl play.)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Conventional memory has to be one of the most UNconventional
architectures I've seen in a computer system.