Re: [News] Macs are Great... Linux Boxes

Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 07:55:01 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Mac Mini becomes Linux-based IP PBX
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| An East German company will soon begin selling an IP-PBX setup based
>>| on a Mac Mini running Linux. 4S Newcom's iBlue package comes with an
>>| iPod Shuffle that acts as a boot device for the Mac Mini, plus five
>>| Linux-based VoIP phones.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS8680369796.html
>>
>> Linus argues that while the hardware/box looks attractive, it is actually
>> a PITA to work with (its firmware).
>
> Yes, spend a premium for hardware, so you can skimp on the software.

We can't help it that GNU/Linux is a nicer system to use than OSX and we
can't help it that the former can be gotten for free.

--
Linux is ready for the desktop! More ready than Windoze XP.
http://tinyurl.com/ldm9d

"Computer users around the globe recognize that the most serious threats to
security exist because of inherent weaknesses in the Microsoft operating
system."  McAfee