Re: [News] Linux Developers Receive Sentinel Keys

"Peter Köhlmann" <peter.koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Oliver Wong wrote:
>

>> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> SafeNet Sentinel Hardware Keys for Linux
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.it-observer.com/news.php?id=6898
>>
>>     How the heck do you pirate open source programs?
>>
>>     And if you can answer that, then: how the heck do you prevent piracy
>>     of
>> open source programs?
>>

> Please explain your belief that only Open Source programs are running on
> linux
> Be specific. Accuracy counts

    I don't have that belief. I think "the" belief that you might be
thinking of is the belief that Sentinel Hardware Keys is claimed to be a
tool for protecting OSS. And here's why I have that belief:

http://www.it-observer.com/news.php?id=6898
<quote>
"The open-source community is now able to protect their applications from
unauthorized use with Sentinel Hardware Keys, preventing revenue loss," said
Ken Chow, general manager, SafeNet Software Protection Business Unit.
</quote>

    Is that a direct and specific enough answer for you? I wish you would do
me the same courtesy to me when I ask you questions...

    - Oliver