Re: Vista -CAN- Be Run Virtualised...

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> ...Unless you pay a lot of money.
>
> Microsoft Vista licence restrictions hit hardware hard
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | While the expensive versions of Vista, Vista Ultimate and Vista Business,
> | can be installed within a Virtual Machine environment, Vole forbids you
> | from doing so with the cheaper Vista Home Basic and Vista Home Premium.
> `----
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35057
>
> Another way of punishing/suppressing users of VMWare, Xen, Parallels, Boot
> Camp...

<quote>
Update, Fri. Oct 13, 11:00 am: The initial version of this story
erroneously mischaracterized the way Microsoft's Vista license applies
to user of the OS in a virtual machine, stating that there was a
blanket ban in effect. This is incorrect; we regret the error. The
updated version of this story removes all references to a VM ban,
including a change in the headline, removal of a virtual machine
reference in the lead paragraph, and the deletion of the fifth and
sixth paragraphs of the original story.]
</quote>

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=193300292&subSection=Breaking+News