Re: [News] Vista/Longhorn Not as Safe as GNU/Linux

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 20:17:23 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>|     * Because it never prompts you to set an Administrator password!

Oh, geez.  Someone hasn't been paying attention.  No, it doesn't ask you
for a password, because it randomly generates a secure password for you.
Administrator is not supposed to be used anymore, and as such creates a
very strong password by default... *AND* it disables the account by
default.  If you need to use the Administrator account, you'll have to set
your own password before you can use it to login.

>|    * What about password complexity models?

They're still there.  They're just not enabled by default.  You can turn it
on very easily.  It turns out that almost everyone turned this off right
away as the very first thing anyways.  It's part of the security lockdown
wizard, though.

[Deleted List of articles that Roy has posted links to *LITERALLY* dozens
of times before, wasting bandwith and readers brain cells]

How many times are you going to keep posting the exact same articles over
and over and over and over again?

For example:

> Windows Vista: It's More Secure, We Promise

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=&num=10&scoring=r&hl=en&as_epq=It%27s+More+Secure%2C+We+Promise&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_ugroup=&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=Roy+Schestowitz

Posted 5 times

> Perspective: Why Microsoft is wrong on Vista security

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&safe=off&num=10&q=%22Why+Microsoft+is+wrong+on+Vista+security%22+author%3ARoy+author%3ASchestowitz

Posted 3 times

> IE 7 bugs abound

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&safe=off&num=10&q=%22IE+7+bugs+abound%22+author%3ARoy+author%3ASchestowitz

Posted 3 times

> Black Hat Takes Vista to Task

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&safe=off&num=10&q=%22Black+Hat+Takes+Vista+to+Task%22+author%3ARoy+author%3ASchestowitz

Posted 13! times

> Symantec highlights Windows Vista user vulnerabilities

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&safe=off&num=10&q=%22Symantec+highlights+Windows+Vista+user+vulnerabilities%22+author%3ARoy+author%3ASchestowitz

Posted 15! times

> Symantec continues Vista bug hunt

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&safe=off&num=10&q=%22Symantec+continues+Vista+bug+hunt%22+author%3ARoy+author%3ASchestowitz

Posted 15 times

> Symantec Finds Flaws In Vista's Network Stack

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&safe=off&num=10&q=%22Symantec+Finds+Flaws+In+Vista%27s+Network+Stack%22+author%3ARoy+author%3ASchestowitz

Posted 17 times

> Symantec Says Windows Vista Will be Less Secure than XP

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&safe=off&num=10&q=%22Symantec+Says+Windows+Vista+Will+be+Less+Secure+than+XP%22+author%3ARoy+author%3ASchestowitz

Posted 16 times

> Symantec sees an Achilles' heel in Vista

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&safe=off&num=10&q=%22Symantec+sees+an+Achilles%27+heel+in+Vista%22+author%3ARoy+author%3ASchestowitz

Posted 15 times

> McAfee: Microsoft completely unrealistic on Vista

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&safe=off&num=10&q=%22McAfee%3A+Microsoft+completely+unrealistic+on+Vista%22+author%3ARoy+author%3ASchestowitz

Posted 9 times