Re: [News] WGA Failure in Video

__/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Thursday 12 October 2006 19:00 \__

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>  wrote
> on Thu, 12 Oct 2006 12:45:56 +0100
> <3568404.nRiVEcxCKu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Windows XP Login Loop of Death
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK3iQrAmK1A
>>
>> Just imagine seeing this when you have some urgent work and a deadline.
>> Better keep a Live CD or a second (Linux) partition for precisely that
>> reason.
>
> Similar "login loops" are also possible on Linux --
> the easiest method of actually creating one being a
> malfunctioning .xsession; however, that is far easier to
> fix (by logging into the *gasp shock horror* CLI instead,
> or by using safe mode).  No phone calls required. :-)
>
> Did you also notice the hardware in the corner?  I wasn't
> listening to the audio (I'm at work) but I got the notion
> that these were because of prior Microsoft upgrades.  :-)

I didn't listen to the audio bit either (music was on), but I thought he just
wanted to boast his stash. It was quite blurry, so I couldn't see the point
of zooming in.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "How do I set my laser printer on stun?"
Tasks: 135 total,   1 running, 133 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie