Re: Gauge Your Sanity with the Atheism Test

  • Subject: Re: Gauge Your Sanity with the Atheism Test
  • From: pashby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Ashby)
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 15:18:05 GMT
  • Newsgroups: uk.philosophy.atheism
Alec Brady <alec.brady@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 15:57:26 +0100, in
> <2009655.taloLAWkaI@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>
> >Hello fellow atheists.
> >
> >I've just come across this nice little atheism test, so I thought I'd share
> >it.
> >
> >http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testid=5362248772198978087
> >
> >I scored 75%. I bet some folks here can beat that...
>
>           "The Guilty Party
>            The results are in, and it appears that you have scored
>            40%...Stricken with guilt and prone to religious relapse, the
> guilty party was probably a theist once, but has since seen
>            the light. It wasn't very bright, however, and guilty parties
>            still feel like they may not have made the right decision
>            after all. Hesitant nail-biters, they cling on to life as
>            dearly as they can, forever in fear of what the next life
>            might bring. They're generally good people, because after
>            all, they might need some karmic credit when the final hour
>            is upon them..."
>
> Odd that it thinks I've "seen the light" (I'm an unapologetic theist),
> or that I'm "stricken with guilt" (I said there's no such thing as
> sin). But fun all the same.

No such thing as sin? I'm sorry Alec you will have to explain that one.
The whole thing about Christ dying on the cross is related to original
sin and the concept of the scapegoat. If you do not think there is sin
then Christ dying is a horrible thing with no redeeming features.

Welcome btw. I have developed a strong respect for you in my time in the
other place. I think you might bring a good perspective here.

Peter