[News] Linux on the Desktop in the Film Industry

The unique relationship between Hollywood Movies and Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Quite often, we speculate about Linux grabbing a major share of the
| desktop PC market. But it seems the film industry are heavy users of
| Linux, and applications that run on Linux which include both open source
| and closed source custom made software.
|
| [...]
|
| And the fact that Linux played a part in the making of this movie is not
| an accident. Rather, it is more becoming the norm. If you do a search on
| the net, you will find many more hollywood movies which are made using
| applications which run on Linux.
`----

http://linuxhelp.blogspot.com/2006/10/unique-relationship-between-hollywood.html

As proof of ground-gaining Linux, see some recent news, e.g.:

64 Bit Psyborg Extreme Graphics Workstation Now with SUSE Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.newswiretoday.com/news/7818/