Re: More [News] Roy seems to have missed...

On 2006-10-29, Erik Funkenbusch <erik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> Highly Critical Security Vulnerability in Firefox 2.0
>
> Seems Firefox 2.0 has a highly critical flaw that was originally patched in
> 1.5.0.5, but somehow never made it into the 2.0 tree.

I'd imagine it is/will be patched now that it's known. Too bad they
allowed it to slip in like that, though.

> http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/10/28/2115202
>
> Note also the reports of increased instability and memory leaks, not to
> mention poor compatibility.

It appears that my having the noscript extension prevents this. Unless
I'm dumb enough to allow scripts at sites where I shouldn't.

For everybody who doesn't have it installed, I suggest taking Erik's
advice and get the noscript extension:

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/722/

> Let's see, what would Peter K say?  Oh yeah:
>
> "Shitty as always"

He'd also say:

  Idiot.

Roy will be back in a few days. I'm sure he'll appreciate your effort
to keep his [NEWS] articles going.

This must have been the purpose of your Secret(tm) Master(tm) Plan(tm)
when you quoted entire articles and added 2 to 4 words of inane babble
at the end, huh?

--
To mess up a linux box, you need to work _at_ it.
To mess up a Windows box, you need to work _on_ it.