Re: [News] Dell CEO Sez Vista Needs 2 Gigabytes of RAM

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Vista Runs Smooth Only on 2G Memory

,----[ Quote ]
| However, Dell CEO Kevin Rollins suggested otherwise on Thursday, 26 Oct at | a speech at Shanghai's Jiaotong University. "I think they tell you maybe 1 | gig of memory is OK. No, two gigs of memory would be great."
| | This echoes with my own experience with Vista RC2. With only 1G of
| RAM, there are many disk activities indicating heavy disk swap, a
| symptom of lack of memory in the system.
`----

http://www.itechnote.com/2006/10/27/vista-runs-smooth-only-on-2g-memory/

Geez. If only the folks who use SUSE heard this...

Linux can run gracefully with 128MB of RAM. I have 256MB at home. I beg you
to check this one out...

More weight to the theory that most of the world will not be able to easily upgrade. Should make the memory suppliers happy.