Re: [News] Linux Ext Beats NTFS

begin  risky.vbs
	<2163690.oXFsKD8Lk2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
	Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> Edgy/XP NTFS/ext3 Writing
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Results
>|
>| OS            NTFS to ext3    ext3 to NTFS    NTFS to NTFS
>| Ubuntu Edgy           4.63            5.67            3.85
>| Windows XP            2.82            2.82            3.57
> `----
>
> http://www.urunu.com/wp/2006/10/27/edgyxp-ntfsext3-writing/

Recent articles I've read on the net show that ext3 is now a very fast
filesystem on most tests. It wasn't always so and it certainly wasn't
the overall best filesystem in previous tests. I've stuck with it for
years as it is very robust IMHO. I'm sure ext4 will be even better but
I'll wait quite a while before I trust it like I do ext3.

--
Security is one of those funny things.  You can talk about being "more"
secure, but there's no such thing.  A vulnerability is a vulnerability, and