Re: Hewlett Packard Says Open Source S/W Gets More Money Than Proprietary S/W

  • Subject: Re: Hewlett Packard Says Open Source S/W Gets More Money Than Proprietary S/W
  • From: "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 27 Oct 2006 07:46:02 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> HP: Open source CAN BE more profitable than proprietary

Note that it's "can be" and not "IS"

> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The company claims it is starting to see higher returns
> | from open source contracts
> `----

It's very interesting that you ended your quote in mid-sentence.
Obviously the reason is that you're a dishonest little fudster who
can't handle reality. Let's see what the opening sentence really said.

"The company claims it is starting to see higher returns from open
source contracts than proprietary software IN SOME INSTANCES, due to
the support costs associated with migration."

Further down it says - "Despite all the benefits, persuading an
organisation to adopt open sources often takes a lot of effort on HP's
part, Garbee admitted."