Re: Windows Security - The Worst is Yet to Come?

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Viruses, phishing, and trojans for profit
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | I think it's fair to say that the criminals running botnets, until a
> | few years ago, didn't realise the kind of power they had. I'd argue
> | that they still don't, as there is a treasure trove of information
> | on each machine that is not being mined to its fullest. But the
> | day is coming.
> `----
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/10/26/viruses_for_profit/

In case you hadn't notice, the Microsoft EULA requires you to accept
spyware.
Appearantly Microsoft has decided that this is a REVENUE OPPORTUNITY,
and licenses the access to your machine via spyware.  And refusing to
allow access is a violation of the Vista EULA.

I could be wrong.  But that's at least one interpretation.