[News] Firefox 3 and 4 Already in the Making

  • Subject: [News] Firefox 3 and 4 Already in the Making
  • From: "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 26 Oct 2006 02:04:57 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Firefox 3.0 Already?

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla is pushing ahead on work and planning for its
| next two major browser releases, Firefox 3.0 and 4.0.
| Firefox 2.0 was just released yesterday.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/xSP/article.php/3639946

I guess it's like stable, testing and unstable in the Debian project. I
proposed the same model for WordPress development.

Review: Firefox 2.0 is a solid improvement

,----[ Quote ]
| If you'd like to live on the bleeding edge of
| Firefox development, there's always the Firefox 3.0
| codebase. You can follow Firefox 3.0 planning and
| grab nightly builds of Firefox 3.0 -- though
| they're not likely to be of the same quality as
| final or even beta releases of Firefox.

IE7, in the mean time, has got 2 vulnerabilities to fix (discovered
within days after its release). Vista has its service pack worked on
rather than development of the next actual Windows (needs 60% rewrite
of the whose codebase). Proprietary software is very slow-going.