Re: [News] More Debates on Piracy and DRM Backlash

begin  oe_protect.scr
Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Internet propels Weird Al's album into Billboard Top 10
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | What happened to propel Weird Al into sudden success after
>> | all this time? Well, aside from his continually-witty
>> | song parodies, he names the Internet as the main reason
>> | why his most recent singles and album have exploded. The
>> | music video of "White and Nerdy," parody of the
>> | Chamillionaire song "Ridin' (Dirty)," spread like
>> | wildfire over video sites such as YouTube upon its
>> | release, appealing to an entirely new audience of
>> | connected youngsters who may not have otherwise heard
>> | of the artist.
>> `----
>>

> This is the RIAA's worst nightmare. If artists can promote their own music,
> the recording industry will become unnecessary. I guess that the lawyers at
> the RIAA are working out how they can make this illegal, as we speak.

I'm sure that they've been waiting for this to really get off the ground
since they realised the net wasn't going to go away.  They'll shout, and
cry, and pout, and harrass, and anything else they can think of.  Just
as things are looking awful for them, they'll try to make friends, but
by then, it'll probably be too late.

This door is baroquen, please wiggle Handel.
(If I wiggle Handel, will it wiggle Bach?)
		-- Found on a door in the MSU music building