Re: [News] Carly Florina: "Anytime Change (e.g. Linux) is Required, Some People Will Resist It"

  • Subject: Re: [News] Carly Florina: "Anytime Change (e.g. Linux) is Required, Some People Will Resist It"
  • From: "John A. Bailo" <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 21:28:18 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Video: Carly Fiorina reflects on the "Tough Choices"

> | Today, vendors are bending and twisting their
> | off-the-shelf technologies to the SOA model,
> | transforming them into Web services that can be
> | easily implemented to fit any number of customer
> | business needs across any number of platforms and devices.

I dunno...when some high flying exec starts lecturing us about change I'm
always suspicious.   Kind of like my reaction to Al Gore's "Inconvenient
Truth" which I saw on Saturday (was free at a Shaker meeting house, in
Portland where I was helping my friend with his postcard show).

I mean, I promoted SOA and web services at my business in 2002 and have been
building and promoting them ever since.  It's great that the former head of
one of the world's largest corporations is now "telling us about them", but
seems like she had a chance to implement such ideas already...just like Mr.
Gore did in 1992-2000.

So, why tell us?

--
Texeme Construct