Re: Payrise for Red Hat CEO

  • Subject: Re: Payrise for Red Hat CEO
  • From: "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 23 Oct 2006 08:02:44 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Red Hat Boosts CEO's Salary to $600,000
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Red Hat Inc., which distributes the open-source Linux
> | operating system, this week raised the annual bases
> | alary of its president and chief executive officer by
> | 50 percent to $600,000, according to a Friday filing
> | with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
> `----
>
> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/061020/red_hat_ceo.html?.v=1
>
> A fortnight ago:
>
> Pay checks for Gates, Ballmer fall short of $1 million
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Each saw slight salary hikes, to $616,667 in fiscal 2006 from
> $600,000
> | in 2005. But they also pulled in reduced bonuses--$350,000 in 2006,
> as
> | opposed to $400,000 in 2005.
> `----
>
> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6122597.html

More proof of what an uninformed simpleton you really are. Wow... the
RedHat CEO now makes $600k/year. "Great job" (not!) of showing how
Gates and Ballmer are suffering because of their low pay.

Let's see... Gates owns nearly 1-Billion shares of MSFT. Ballmer owns
well more than 400 Million shares of stock.

Microsoft pays shareholders an annual dividend of $0.36/share. In
dividends alone, Gates makes over $350 million dollars a year. Ballmers
annual dividend payout is about $150 million per year. At his current
salary of $600k it would take the RedHat CEO almost 600 years to earn
what Gates gets every year in just dividend payments.

Your point is??????   Oh that's right... the "low pay" that Gates and
Ballmer earn somehow proves that Microsoft is collapsing. Now *that* is
funny.