Re: Do PDF files rank higher then web pages with PR?

  • Subject: Re: Do PDF files rank higher then web pages with PR?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:09:57 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ polina.pospelova@xxxxxxxxx ] on Monday 23 October 2006 12:56 \__

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=site%3Awww.communisis.com&btnG=Search&meta=

> Web pages of 1st & 2nd levels are not shown at all despite of having
> good PR.
>
> Why Google ranks PDFs higher then web pages with PR?
>
> Thanks for your comments.
> Polly

Are there any links from the HTML version to the PDF version? I have not
checked the site (domain name put me off a little). I ask this because I
happen to link to the PDF from each of the pertinent HTML pages that
correspond to the full paper and this seems to have this effect, which is
possibly a positive thing.