Re: [News] LightScribe Ported to GNU/Linux

  • Subject: Re: [News] LightScribe Ported to GNU/Linux
  • From: ed <ed@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 18:42:19 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On 22 Oct 2006 03:38:42 -0700
"Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> LaCie Offers Complete Burning Solution With
> LightScribe Labeller For Linux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | LaCie announced it is the first to offer a complete
> | burning and LightScribe Direct Disc Labeling solution
> | for all operating systems. This includes the first-ever
> | LightScribe Labeler software for Linux...
> `----
>
> http://in.sys-con.com/read/288267_p.htm

thats interesting, i have a lightscribe drive, i'd use lightscribe too,
but the disks are way too expensive. i didn't know that at the time when
i bought it though. it's also a bit slow. for the past decade and then
some i've been using pens to label disks. i doubt much will change.

if they could write to the surface of regular disks, that are a pennies
then i'd be useful.

also, what would interest me more would be an img > .iso that could be
written to an incomplete disk, so the remaining surface could contain a
description of the disk contents. of course that assumes 0's show as a
different colour to 1's.

--
Regards, Ed                      :: http://s5h.net/qf
just another c++ person