Re: Hey Roy S., what's with the Google posts?

  • Subject: Re: Hey Roy S., what's with the Google posts?
  • From: "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 20 Oct 2006 23:50:47 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
[H]omer wrote:
> Last post I saw from you was 3 days ago. I checked my Leafnode logs,
> and sure enough ... a tonne of Google posts being devnull'ed.
>
> It's a tough choice, but I'm keeping the Google filter ... too many
> one-shot-wonders, and most of them probably the Fish.
>
> So what's up, have you moved out of Manchester or something?
>
> LOL! Now I'll have to scan Google Groups (spit) for your reply.

The local server failed. To quote:

"The overnight expire failed and coredumped on the 14th, filling the
partition.
I've deleted it and restarted the expire, but because it's been a
couple of
days since an expire completed, space is *very* tight, so it may fill
up again
during the expire, and so fail... in which case I have to delete the
databases
and rebuild them, which will take quite some time."

Give it a couple of days...