Re: [News] Why Windows Startup is SO SLOW - It Scales Badly, It's Self-Corrupting

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Sunday 10 September 2006 01:33 \__

http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/2006/09/why-windows-takes-so-long-to-start-up.html

>> Here's yet another maintenance chore to Windows users: keep the system
>> booting in a reasonable amount of time.
>
> No matter how many packages I add to my Linux installation, or how much
> data I have on the drives, my boot time, and application and system
> responsiveness, never degrades.
>
> Windows: Defective by Design.

...Been messing about with this installation of SUSE for 3 years. It's more
stable than ever before and performance penalties...? What performance
penalities? This reminds me of something...

http://www.schestowitz.com/Family_Photos/Webcam/2005/07/15072005/images.html

(top left image)

I had a big pile of these in my office. Apparently, Pentium 3/4's are not
good enough to run Windows XP. The University replaces these as though they
were just grabage.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      | HTML is for page layout, not for textual messages
  6:20am  up 51 days 18:32,  10 users,  load average: 0.81, 0.52, 0.44