Re: [News] Open Source and Baseless Luddite Accusations

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Sunday 10 September 2006 01:16 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | It was very common to find source code for PC software about 20-30 years
>> | ago -- It was the norm BTW... Doubt me? Go to a good Library and check
>> | out an 1980's era copy of Compute!, RUN, or Family Computing and you
>> | will find printed source code for programs in all of them.
>> `----
>
> I remember it well.
>
> I long for another "Golden Era", when the buzz in Computing was about
> technical revolution, not marketing.

I look forward to (seeing) discussions about algorithms rather than about
which anti-virus is free and how to 'cleanse' a Registry.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz     | GPL - Global Programmer's Law
Swap:  1036184k total,   333792k used,   702392k free,    60548k cached