Re: KDE Show desktop Dual Monitors

__/ [ Flamer ] on Friday 08 September 2006 01:05 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Flamer ] on Thursday 07 September 2006 05:15 \__

>> > what i want to achieve is have one monitor as my everything monitor,
>> > open windows, minimise all windows on etc, the second monitor i have a
>> > monitoring system on it, it stays there doesnt move, dont use the
>> > monitor for anything else, its just a little annoyance that i can put
>> > up with if i have to but i would rather my monitoring system wasnt
>> > minimised as well when i hit the show desktop button.
>> >
>> > Flamer.
>>
>> May I ask if you monitor your computer system, e.g. network and resources,
>> as opposed to some system that's running at work and you supervisor? There
>> are system monitors that are dockable. KSysGuard is one such monitor that
>> I always keep in sight (one for current loads and one for historical
>> plot). I notice that setting windows to "always on top" doesn't help
>> either. CTRL+ALT+D will minimise them. See if advanced/custom windows
>> options (Exists in recent versions of KDE) has an option somewhere. The
>> choices/possibilities there are infinite.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Roy
>>
>> --
>> Can Mac OS X and Vista catch up?
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYjv0S_k0xo
>> http://Schestowitz.com  |  SuSE GNU/Linux   ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
>>          run-level 5  Jul 20 12:15                   last=S
>>       http://iuron.com - help build a non-profit search engine
>

> Hi there,
>
> I have a web browser open that runs nagios, a network monitoring
> system.
>
> I am running kde 3.5.4-0.1.fc5 couldnt see any advanced winow options
> in control center, where abouts would they be?
>
> thanks for helping
>
> Flamer.

On the browser window -> mouse over title bar -» context menu (secondary
mouse button) -> Advanced -> Spacial Windows Settings. A heap of control
there can help you achieve all sorts of things, maybe even exactly what you
want.

Best wishes,

Tux is sexy <
http://bbspot.com/Images/News_Features/2006/08/paris_hilton_tux.jpg >
Tasks: 152 total,   2 running, 148 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie