Re: [News] Microsoft Signals Further Vista Delays in EU

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 08 September 2006 09:31 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
> 7 <website_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Microsoft hints at delay of Vista in Europe
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>

>> Its the best thing that could ever happen.
>> It signals EU companies and governments to take action
>> to force more interoperability out in the open so they can
>> specify software purchases by interoperability standards
>> and by force prevent the adoption of proprietory scab software
>> throughout government and drive this down into purchasing
>> departments at all levels.
>>

> For sure, although I'm quite certain this is another MS tactic to put
> pressure on the EU to cave to the Microsoft line.  I'm sure it'll have
> some impact, and you can be quite certain that MS will already have a
> shedload of people who will start sending out complaints and blaming the
> EU for this, saying it's holding up their businesses, putting pressure
> on politicians, and so on.  MS are very very good at this, so wait for
> the informed articles, the adverts, the letters to the commissioner from
> the recently deceased, etc. etc.

PJ found an article titled "Microsoft threatens EU with delays yada yada..."

Watch the MS bully in action.

>>> http://tinyurl.com/s4ur2
>>> http://yahoo.reuters.com/news

articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20060907:MTFH81582_2006-09-07_15-20-08_L07888304&type=comktNews&rpc=44