Re: [News] Cisco Liaises with Proprietary Giants

begin  oe_protect.scr
> Cisco makes news with big partners
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Cisco Systems, known for its aggressive acquisition strategy, is pushing
>| forward with its partnership program as it announces the completion of a
>| security platform with Microsoft and a new marketing partnership with
>| business software company SAP.
> `----
>
> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9584_22-6112932.html
>
> Cisco must be afraid of Open Source routers, of which many have emerged.

Quaking from top to bottom, I imagine.  I would think that they're
looking very hard at what the Vyatta project is up to, for example, as
well as Asterisk (Cisco to an IP PBX for enterprises, too).

It was kinda like stuffing the wrong card in a computer, when you're
stickin' those artificial stimulants in your arm.
		-- Dion, noted computer scientist