Re: [News] Eclipse RCP Development Gets Broadened Linux Affinity

__/ [ Linonut ] on Wednesday 06 September 2006 18:55 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o'
> wisdom:
>
>> Instantiations Broadens RCP Developer Support For Linux Platform
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | "Developer^H^H^Hs using either a Linux or Windows platform can take
>> | advantage of RCP Developer's new Help Composer," said Mike Taylor, CEO
>> | of Instantiations "But the new version of RCP Developer levels the
>> | playing field for Linux. By deepening our support for Linux, we are
>> | providing developers who prefer that platform with the ability to
>> | design, create, test, document and build their software -- even
>> | applications designed to run on Microsoft Windows -- completely
>> | within the Linux environment."
>> `----
>>
>> http://in.sys-con.com/read/268314.htm
>
> That site is a corruscation of square boxes covering the content.
>
> I'm sick of the internet turning into a million-channel cable TV system.

Me too. I try to avoid sys-con whenever I can. Sometimes, however, they are
first to report important news. I also avoid con-sys (systematic convict)
where possible because PJ hates their guts and isn't interested in anything
they publish (Maureen O'Gara story)...

You can recuce 'ad noise' using plugins, but I still haven't figured out how
to block these new top-level pop-ups they have (DHTML?).