Re: [News] Top Vista Executive and 19-year Veteran Quits Microsoft

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 06 September 2006 18:06 \__

http://www.crn.com/sections/breakingnews/breakingnews.jhtml?articleId=192501746&printableArticle=true

>>> Yeah, 'cos it must be middle-management's fault...
>>
>> Vista: no prospects. And now... no leadership either. Didn't they swap
>> managers this yeat, putting in charge a former Office manager to take care
>> of Vista? They said he would not fail. One wonders if Office source code
>> is quite as bad as the Windows source code. Surely, the two intersect,
>> so...
>>
>> By the way, Jo Foley says that people will now report to Allchin. Isn't he
>> supposed to retire early next year? That's a recipe for disaster.
>>

> There're going to be some huge changes at MS.  I imagine a lot of MS
> guys are sincerely hoping that Vista will sell, as it might let them
> keep their jobs if it does - this could be why we're seeing an
> increasing onslaught here of trolls - we've had a number of new ones in
> here recently.
>
> We need to encourage Mr Porter back!

Never spoke to Terry (I subscribed around Q2/Q3 of 2005), but I saw his name
in the archives. "Bring out the GIMP (think of it as a form of flattery)",
as they said in Pulp Fiction.

As regards your last point, it seems likely that ex-Softies will show up in
Linux newsgroups and stir things up. With obscure physics-obsessed names
like Hadron Quark, this seems very likely. Bitter Softies that got sacked
could actually retaliate by helping the Linux cause. But it's really a case
which boils down by choosing a side and flowing with it. COLA is the winning
side and, as evidence, take a quick glimpse at that cave which is the
Windows advocacy NG.

Best wishes,

Tux is sexy <
http://bbspot.com/Images/News_Features/2006/08/paris_hilton_tux.jpg >