Re: Google default for IE7 ??

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Tuesday 05 September 2006 17:22 \__

> I've been running IE7RC1 since last week and finally got around to doing
> some heavier browsing with it.
>
> One thing I noticed is that they have a little "search box" in the upper
> right ala Firefox.   And the default (and only option out of the box) is
> ....Google!

Speculations (devil's advocate)

* Test revisions can differ from the final product that gets the 90th-minute
tweak. This prevents antitrust lawsuits. When it's out on the shelves
without Google, MS will say "oops" and shy away. They appear to be doing
this with hardcoded links to Live services (only a couple of weeks ago).

* If users get MSN's horrible SE (Live search was recently buried... buried
aLive, that is), they will defect to other browsers (which ironically
require downloading /USING/ IE7), It's like selling burgers to a hungrey
person and having a long entry aisle with candy on each side of the aisle.

Best wishes,

Tux is sexy <
http://bbspot.com/Images/News_Features/2006/08/paris_hilton_tux.jpg >
Swap:  1036184k total,   434932k used,   601252k free,    70184k cached