Re: Impressive 3-D Visualisation of the Linux Kernel

__/ [ mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Tuesday 05 September 2006 10:42 \__

> Hadron Quark wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>> > A 3D animation of Linux source code development
>> > ,----[ Quote ]
>> > `----
>> > http://perso.orange.fr/pascal.brisset/kernel3d/kernel3d.html
>
> This page worked fine.  Firefox opened the video with xanim by default.
> I also downloaded it and viewed it with mplayer, my favorite.
> The 2.4.5 kernel is very modular!
>
>> > Video in streaming Flash here:
>> > http://ssteam.ath.cx/news/3d-linux-kernel-visualizaiton/
>
> This page worked perfectly also.  Firefox is extremely stable,
> even when using the proprietary flash viewer.

Worked fine with 'plaympeg' which is an old, old utility on a Linux distro
that I have had running for 3 years (released in 2002, I suspect).

>> The irony of this,
>> http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/3a9ebb2a70.png, was not lost on
>> me.
>
> I wonder how "Hadron Quark", a lying propagandist for Microsoft,
> made it fail?  These Microsoft guys are good at making things fail.
> Their constant presence in c.o.l.a, and particularly their attacks on
> Roy Schestowitz, are a clear indication of how worried Microsoft is
> about GNU/Linux.  They should be worried, as entire corporations,
> cities, and even nations are switching to Linux.
>
> Thanks, Roy -- keep up the great work!

Thanks, mate! *smile*

HQ is a shill. He's like a bitter customer that would sabotage a product in
order to get a refund. gary Stewart did this with Mandrake. It's best to
ignore them all.

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2006/01/02/munchkins/

Best wishes,

< http://bbspot.com/Images/News_Features/2006/08/paris_hilton_tux.jpg >