Re: [News] IE7 Pwned

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Tuesday 05 September 2006 05:02 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> IE 7 site leads to Firefox hole
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft may be on the verge of releasing the latest version of its
>> | Internet Explorer (IE) Web browser, but it has been beaten by a
>> | competitor to the use of the IE 7 domain name.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/internet/0,39044246,39418881,00.htm
>
> Ahaha, congratulations to Mark Sheppard of Digital Dataflow Ltd.
>
> I see ie8.com is available too; hmmm, maybe I should get in there before
> Mark's record expires next year.
>
> Then again, I remember the time that microsoft.com expired right under
> their noses ... talk about sleeping giants! A real missed opportunity
> there too.

Google is already buying domain names like mad, to prevent phishing,
para-sites (sic), and trademark issues (cybersquatters and domain randoms).

I remember the time when itunes.co.uk (not sure if that was indeed the domain
name) got snatched from its rightful owner. The original owner had held the
domain since the older days, long before iTunes even existed or the name
conceived. There's also bbc.com (won by the giant). Beware the Slate
Magazine giant! They may be after you following all that Fedora madness!! I
think you got 3 front-pagers in Digg, which is unprecedented.

Lastly, Mark's work reminds me of:

http://www.linuxstolescocode.com/ (scroll down unless you're on high-res)

[sarcastic /] I guess I could have a go at it too one day. My domain was
bought for 10 years (for E-mail) and it earned at least one para-site last
year. *smile*

http://schestowitz.com/Weblog/archives/2005/09/16/domain-misspelled/

Best wishes,

Can Mac OS X and Vista catch up? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYjv0S_k0xo
Tasks: 127 total,   1 running, 125 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie