Re: So now there are Two Windope Flatfish Loonies Spamming The Group?

flatfish+++ <flatfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 20:49:49 +0000, Jim wrote:
>
>> Hear hear!
>>
>> (This "ME TOO!" post brought to you by the letters C, L, and O twice, and
>> the number 0).
>> --
>> I hereby testify that the above statement is an accurate recollection of the
>> events mentioned therein.
>> http://dotware.co.uk
>> Registered Linux user #426308 -*- http://counter.li.org
>    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>

> Do you like get a secret decoder ring and copy of the Linux COLA gang
> playbook for registering?

Here's an interesting thing : Jim is #426308, but yet if we visit the
counter page, what do we find?

,----
| At Sep 04 2006 21:41:36 GMT, there are 141728 users registered 156696
| machines registered.
`----

I registered anout 200000 before Jim. But what has happened to the
totals? A crash and loss of data possibly? Am I missing something
non obvious to someone of my limited "smarts"? Is it because I use
windows too that I'm unable to see the bigger picture?

Whatever the reason for the strange figures (Remember that "Mark'n'Roy"
Schestowiscz estimate that 20% of PCs have Linux installed).

--
<Overfiend> "Oxford University has joined with IBM and the UK
            Government to build a sophisticated computing Grid based