Re: [News] Linux is NOT Just for Geeks

begin  oe_protect.scr
Gubo Dangle <gubo.dangle.nospam@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> Roy Schestowitz pretended :
>> Conclusion: Linux on the Desktop Isn't Just for Geeks Anymore!
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> "As long as I can surf the web (with Firefox), read my e-mail (with
>>> Thunderbird), and listen to my MP3 files (with Mplayer, or Lsongs),
>>> then I will be happy... I have another system that my kids can play
>>> their Windows games on! I want to have a safe, clean web surfing
>>> machine!"
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.thecomputercurmudgeon.com/?p=443
>>
>> Poor essay, but it conveys an important message.
>
> 'important message'? Errr...
>
>>> I have another system that my kids can play
>>> their Windows games on! I want to have a safe, clean web surfing
>>> machine!"
>
> You need a Windows machine to play games on and that Linux is only any
> good for web surfing/mp3/email. Great.

He says that you need a windows games to play windows games on.  This is
/mostly/ true, but even then not, as wine will run many games rather
well, and most of the ones worth playing have Linux ports.

Of course, there aren't all that many linux games available for Windows.

This is the theory that Jack built.
This is the flaw that lay in the theory that Jack built.
This is the palpable verbal haze that hid the flaw that lay in...