Re: A Linux Beauty (ELive 3.4) Hits Beta Milestone

__/ [ George Ellison (undercover) ] on Monday 04 September 2006 18:09 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Enlightenment + Debian = http://www.elivecd.org/gb/Main/Screenshots/
>>
>> Beta Release: Elive-0.5-beta-3.4
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Elive 0.5-beta-3.4 has been realised, the countdown for final 0.5 has
>> | already started! This may probably be the last beta release until the
>> | stable one.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.elivecd.org/gb/Main/News/_articles/33.html
>
> OK, so they're releasing a 'beta' version of a LiveCD based around a
> desktop enviornment that hasn't released anything outside of CVS
> nightlies yet.

I never had any problems with Enlightenment when I used it (almost
exclusively) 4-5 years ago. I think that the migration of
developerH^H^H^H^H^s to other projects is what left Enlightenment in a
fairly static state (?), although I haven't followed progress for a while
(word of mouth). It has definitely changed (improves) since, judging by the
collage of pictures at least.

Best wishes,

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    United States: #1 in spam export
Swap:  1036184k total,   525768k used,   510416k free,    41620k cached