Re: Moving Hosting company - whats the best way without screwing SERPS

  • Subject: Re: Moving Hosting company - whats the best way without screwing SERPS
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 18:49:00 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
__/ [ Paul ] on Sunday 03 September 2006 16:17 \__

> Hi All
> I am really pissed with my hosting company. If its not the site that
> goes down, its the shopping cart, if its not that, then its the email
> servers.
>
> I am thinking of moving to http://www.marblehost.com [If any good/bad
> news about them, I would like to hear]
>
> They do not use cart32, so I may plan to host the cart cart32
> directly, with an extra cost. This is so I do not have to re-write the
> site.
>
> Now, what is the best way to move hosting company ?
> I want it to be seemless to the user, and not to screw up SERPS.
> Is it possible, or will it be months before I recover ?

Here's what I propose, Paul.

to take you back. Buy them flowers if you have to... or throw a few quid at
'em. *smile*

Of course, you could otherwise accpet the consequqnce of having a different
IP address. Search engines /may/ perceive that as fishy, but probably would
not. Make sure you have your site set up on both hosts before you change the
equaduct (DNS servers). Remember that some WWeb sites don't have a fixed IP.

Best wishes,

Maths applied to numbers is like logic applied to statistics. Statistics are
lies.
         run-level 5  Jul 20 12:15                   last=S