Re: [News] Could Microsoft Ruin Xen for Linux?

begin  oe_protect.scr
> I mentioned an article where XenSource says it's VMWare bias for self defence
> (much like the Red Hat-Novell mindgame over Xen readiness). Regardless:
>
> Microsoft and XenSource is a one-way street
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Brian Byun of VMware talks about the implications of the
>| Microsoft-XenSource link-up for virtual computing
> `----
>
> http://comment.zdnet.co.uk/other/0,39020682,39282105,00.htm
>
> in older news:
>
> XenSource Opens Seattle-Area Development Office
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| The new office will focus on joint technology and market development for
>| the support of high-performance Linux virtual environments on the next
>| version of Windows Server System, as well as the development of
>| additional, non-GPL-based products and solutions that extend the
>| virtualization capabilities of XenSource's XenEnterprise(TM)
>| virtualization platform. The Redmond team will also focus on thep
>| erformance and manageability of Windows virtual machines on
>| XenEnterprise.
> `----
>
> http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/it/2006/08/28/1834649.htm

Well, our trolls might not think that linux is much of a threat to
Microsoft, but Microsoft are clearly terrified...  this approach would
provide another route for squeezing a licence fee from people using
linux, since the MS-funded SCO stuff has collapsed.

I hate babies.  They're so human.
		-- H.H. Munro