Re: The Digest Issue

  • Subject: Re: The Digest Issue
  • From: Hadron Quark <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 00:36:13 +0200
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:qeDz7g7y6OinfOwFyb56hBzg/Ho=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Peter Kai Jensen <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hadron Quark wrote:
>
>> In an ideal world Roy wuld just post a single line subject and a link,
>> but clearly thats not part of his agenda.
>
> Someone else once tried that, and people in general didn't like it.
> Without a decent appropriate quote, such as Roy kindly provides, it's

Two lines then. Its enough. How else would people use contents in tech books?

> hard to know if the link is worth clicking.  Then it truly wouldn't be
> anything more than a RSS feed.  However, by quoting interesting bits of
> the articles it becomes much easier to find that one particular article
> that's worth reading in full.
>
>>> Could we take it one step further now..... could all you bloody
>>> trolls get together, put all your postings into one big digest once a
>>> week, and post it with a header including [Trolls - off topic]?
>>
>> Could you define a troll please? Suggestions on making Linux a better
>> user experience and suggetions to reduce NG clutter are trolls? Or do
>> they pass your stringent quality assurance checks?
>
> Do you think that's all *you're* doing?  How about your "magical pixie
> dust memory" comment, when someone mentioned that Linux handles low-RAM
> systems much better than Windows?  That surely wasn't your smartest
> moment (hint: many of us have done it or are doing it, so we *know*
> you're talking BS), and it read as quite trollish.  That's just one

Possibly, but I was making a point : I use Gnome and have used KDE -
there is no way my average desktop usage wuld work with 256k None
whatsoever.

> example of how you can act like a troll.  I'm sure I could find plenty
> of others, but I have other things to do.

We can all pisstake a little.

>>> TIA - I'm away for a couple of weeks, but look forward to seeing your
>>> progress on this when I return.
>>
>> Maybe Roy could email you his News posts? One, by one?
>
> Usenet != E-Mail.  Get it?

Yes. But E-mail is there for mailing groups to AVOID the type of things
Roy is doing. Got it?