Re: [News] No Choice in Vista, Music Mandatory

JDS wrote:

> On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 14:31:36 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
> > | Steve Ball, group program manager for the Windows Audio Video Excellence
> > | team told punters that Windows Vista should present a "common, and
> > | beautiful, face to the world." In other words, Microsoft has spent
> > | shedloads on its corporate image and you are darn well going to
> > | appreciate it.
> > `----
> >
> > http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=34094
>
> From the article:
> "Ball said that there will be a pre-wired sound that plays when the system
> is ready for you to logon which will be non-customisable, just like the
> X-Box. He said that there was no big deal about it. Sony and Toshiba both
> have compulsory sounds."

And then the Pentagon selects Windows Vista as its platform for its
Future Combat System field units. I can just see it now. An army ranger
advance patrol is stealthily approaching an enemy position and they
decide to report their status back to HQ. Suddenly, "Twang! Twang!
Twang!".

--
Paul Hovnanian     mailto:Paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Trust the computer industry to shorten the term "Year 2000" to Y2K.