[News] The Sales People/Marketing Gap in Free Open Source Software

Open source and fossilization

,----[ Quote ]
| One big advantage proprietary companies have over open source vendors
| is sales people. Sales people make their living by hanging out around
| a customer's office, upselling and cross-selling. Open source companies,
| reliant as we are on the product to largely sell itself, don't. While
| many open source customers are, by definition, heavily involved with
| the technology, many aren't. They buy into an open source product
| because it works better than a proprietary dinosaur. They expect a
| more passive relationship with the technology and its vendor.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2006/09/open_source_and_4.html
http://tinyurl.com/zvty8

Advertiser^H^HsAdvertiser^H^HsAdvertiser^H^Hs

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fj3FOHc-fgA