Re: Tired of a SLOW computer and constant rebooting?

  • Subject: Re: Tired of a SLOW computer and constant rebooting?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:37:45 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ B Gruff ] on Monday 18 September 2006 16:26 \__

> On Monday 18 September 2006 16:13 nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> A spam advertisement I received recently.   For your amusement:
>
> Ah, but....
>
> Min. Requirements:
>  ? Pentium 90MHz
>  ? 4MB RAM
>  ? Windows 95/98/ME or Windows NT/2000/XP
>
> Drat - losing out again with this darn Linux stuff.
>
> Any chance it runs under WINE, d'ya reckon...........

It's like throwing popcorn all over your house so as to have cleaning chores
to keep you occupied. Or the broken windows (sic) way of thinking.

Microsoft and the Broken Window Theory of Economics

,----[ Quote ]
| While we don't usually report on anything Microsoft related (as it's
| outside PCBurn's perview) this tidbit was too good for me to pass up.
| Microsoft is reporting (at El Reg) that by releasing an operating system
| it will magically create $40 Billion dollars rather than simply suck
| money out of Europe. They've done this by positing a story somewhat
| similar to the theory of "broken window" economics.
|
| [...]
|
| In short form, a boy breaks a window and his father, the shop keeper,
| then has to have it replaced. It is a given to the people looking on
| the scene that this is good becuase it keeps the glazier employed in
| making windows.
`----

http://pcburn.com/article.php?sid=1788

Run out of memory? Just shove some more RAM in it.

.----
| From Matt Ayers:
|
| "I'm the Program Manager in the Microsoft Windows Client Performance
| group and own the ReadyBoost feature.

| As y'all know, adding RAM is still the best way to relieve memory
| pressure."
`----

 http://blogs.msdn.com/tomarcher/archive/2006/06/02/615199.aspx

No sh*t, Sherlock.

Best wishes,

Roy

PS - Nessuno, welcome back. We thought you had gone permanently. Just to let
you know, the three links in the OP only assist the spammers.