Re: [News] Microsoft 'Fights' Piracy...

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> ...With trivially-crackable barriers. It makes you wonder if they even try
> to stop piracy or make it as easy as obtaining a key for all versions of
> Windows, Office, and other Microsoft software, which locks the user's data
> (and skills).
>
> Easy Way to Bypass Windows Genuine Advantage
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | How to bypass Windows Genuine Advantage easily without patches or
> | scripts
> `----
>
> http://www.youareadopted.com/wga/wga-bypass.html

Ok, I had hoped that despite what I had read about Vista that MS would have
a few pleasant surprises about security. Even if we never touch an MS OS we
need them to get secure. MS will need to get secure for their own good too,
because another unsafe distro will have the law suits piling up from
private companies, and rightly so. If MS make no effort knowing that they
could have done, then they must be responsible for data losses and down
time. With XP they could have gotten away with it, but this time surely
not.

But if this is their idea of safe anti-theft software, then I can not see
security being any better. Of cause it is very likely that anything they
did could have been undone by hackers, in fact the next time each user has
to reinstall their XP, few times a year isn't it?, this control would have
gone anyway (assuming they could still register and enable their XP).

You know what I think, I think MS software is entirely written these days by
visual basic programmers. (or c#, which is just VB with a different syntax
to fool c++ programmers into using it, underneath it is exactly the same).
I say that because putting something like this as an ActiveX addon is the
sort of thing a VB programmer would do.