Re: [News] IBM Starts Selling Fedora Core 5-Loaded Cell Blades

On or about 2006-09-16 Saturday 12:52, I did witness the following events
concerning Roy Schestowitz:

http://news.com.com/2100-1006_3-6115225.html?part=rss&tag=6115225&subj=news

>>> So will the SBC! (stick to each other when they melt)
>>>

>> they don't actually put out that much heat (explains the complete lack of
>> heatsinks). Still, I wouldn't build such a system without some sort of
>> ducted airflow system, especially considering the number of processors
>> I'd be putting in it.
>
> And what will you use it for anyway? SETI@home? A powerful machine that's
> work-thirsty-yet-underemployed is a sad machine. Last year I saw a 10,000
> pound server used as a desktop machine by a colleague. And I think she ran
> Windows 2000 on it... to do routine stuff. What a total waste of grant
> money...
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Roy

me? I encode video. Having lots of stuff to digitise it'd take forever to do
on one processor. Having a stack of 'em is very handy; right now I can
encode a two hour video from raw DV source to mpeg-2 in a little under four
minutes. Using twelve processors.
--
I hereby testify that the above statement is an accurate recollection of the
events mentioned therein.