Re: Noooooooo! Yet More lizards!!!

  • Subject: Re: Noooooooo! Yet More lizards!!!
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:22:26 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ BearItAll ] on Thursday 14 September 2006 16:07 \__

> casioculture@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>

>> "RSIBreak and Workrave both aim to accomplish the same thing. Workrave
>> uses primarirly 3d images of a woman to illustrate the exercises.
>> RSIBreak being a KDE based application would like to have the 3d Konqi
>> mimic the same exercises."
>>
>> What a bad, bad idea. So instead of Gnome's beautiful, perky-boobed
>> babe we get a lizard! And that's inviting how? Down with the
>> motivation, I tell ya, down.
>>
>> http://open-collab.org/mod/dfwiki/view.php?id=418
>
> It's not a lizard, it's a dragon, dragons are Welsh women, look pretty,
> seem well adjusted but can breath fire without warning.
>
> Why do you think Welsh men always walk with their heads down? It's to avoid
> the flames.

I personally love Konqi! He symbolises the desktop environment and gives it
character. Sort of like Clippy or the talking dog, only less intrusive. It's
a shame that I only ever see him when a lot of aggregated memory is leaked
(once in several weeks when I let KDE restart by logging off, then on
again). Besides that, Konqi resides among the help files, but most people
rarely look at these (they just google it). I wonder if other KDE fans will
attest otherwise.

Herrrrrre's Joh...Suse.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mcastellani/94910746/