Re: [News] SUSE Linux Close to Surpassing Ubuntu in DistroWatch.com

__/ [ Tattoo Vampire ] on Thursday 14 September 2006 13:25 \__

> Roy Schestowitz hitched up their overalls,
> shotgunned a beer and wrote:
>
>> With so many Ubuntu users (ShipIt helps), this can only indicate that
>> Opensuse spreads like fire as well.
>
> IMNSHO, PCLinuxOS kicks both their asses.

I guess it needs a multi-millionaire figure/company to do the mareketing. It
does not have a wealthy company to supply the best codebase and testing <
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3370/2500/1600/GNULinux.jpg >, let alone
the ability to make noise and gain better presence.

I wonder if Mandrive or Debian will become some of the victims of larger,
mainstream distros...