[News] Huge Linux Migration of Desktops Intentionally Left in the Dark

Massive desktop Linux migration kept quiet

,----[ Quote ]
| Why has the country's biggest known desktop Linux implementation gone
| relatively unpublicised for so long?
|
| [...]
|
| We tried to cover the rollout late last year. Kennards were not keen
| to discuss it until a later date, however.
|
| As it stands now, the desktop component was completed some time ago.
| Why then, has some marketing machine not told the world about
| Kennards' rollout?
|
| Answer: because they're using Fedora.
|
| Although sponsored by Red Hat, the Fedora project is mainly run by
| volunteers. Without the mouthpiece of a multinational, this sizeable
| Linux rollout has gone relatively unnoticed for some time.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/blogs/disasterrecovery/soa/Massive_desktop_Linux_migration_kept_quiet/0,139033346,339271031,00.htm?feed=rss
http://tinyurl.com/hhbfb

So there; right in the face of those who argue that what we rarely hear about
must not be happening.